Finance and Operations Associate (Remote)
The Learning Agency seeks a full-time Finance and Operations Associate to support the Finance and Operations Director with day to day operations and financial management of consulting projects. Key responsibilities include budgeting, financial analysis, project and grant reporting, invoicing, expense management, software tool administration, and human resource coordination.
Ideal candidates will have previous experience managing consulting finances and have a keen attention to detail, and exemplary follow through. This position will be highly independent.
Position: Finance and Operations Associate at The Learning Agency. The initial 2 month term will be as an independent contractor.
Location: Remote/home office in the United States, in either ET or CT time zones.
About The Learning Agency:
The Learning Agency is a consultancy firm that helps organizations harness the power of learning. The organization works with a variety of organizations to develop and publicize high-quality research, writing and products. We are result-oriented and operate in an entrepreneurial environment.
The team is fully remote. The founder is based in Washington, DC.
- To learn more about the organization, please visit www.the-learning-agency.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance and Operations Associate will engage in the following but is not limited to:
- Play an integral role in financial operations within the organization, supporting the management of financials, grants, and projects
- Support the creation of project budget models working with project managers
- Monitor project budgets, update with actual hours, review forecasts, manage expenses, and report any project variances
- Support human resource tasks, such as creating accounts for new employees in the payroll system and tracking paid time off
- Assist with on-boarding and off-boarding of staff and contractors including paperwork, setting up of necessary email accounts and meetings with the team
- Develop written processes as needed for HR related tasks
Operations & Administration:
- Manage tools that support operational needs (data back-up, file management, software subscriptions)
- Collect all necessary information and materials ahead of monthly and quarterly meetings, taking meeting minutes/key take-aways as requested
- Maintains files in an organized manner
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, knowledge, and skills:
- At least 2 years work experience, with at least 1 year supporting finance and operations ideally with a consultancy firm
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- Proficient collaborative, interpersonal, written and verbal error-free communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Exhibits follow-through, integrity, and flexibility, especially in the face of evolving needs
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Experience using Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, advanced Excel skills, Google Workspace or similar software.
- Open to building new technical skills, knowledge or capabilities that can benefit business and/or personal performance
- Interest in the education field and passion for educational equity
The Work Environment:
We are a fully remote team. It is a caring team that looks out for each other, is friendly, respectful, and values having a healthy work-life balance.
This position will connect with other team members but will be required to complete a majority of the work independently. This is an opportunity to contribute to a fast-growing, high-impact organization — our work is contributing to the future of learning.
Work hours are highly flexible. We get the work done and make time for connecting and supporting one another.
Compensation is commensurate with experience