Program Associate (Fall 2023)
Position: Program Associate at The Learning Agency. Please note that this is a new posting for an additional Program Associate to support our expanding team.
Location: Remote/home office in the United States. Must be located in Central or Eastern time zones.
Summary: The Learning Agency is hiring a Program Associate to support projects across the organization. Program Associates are typically early career professionals with 1-3 years of experience in content creation, project coordination, administration, or similar organizational support roles
As a part of the role, the individual will support team members with administration, program logistics, communications, and project management across a wide range of projects.
Ideal candidates are comfortable working quickly while remaining adaptable, will have a keen attention to detail, and be ultra-organized, independent, and curious. The position will provide the individual with significant exposure to trends in the education and technology fields and has high potential for career growth.
About The Learning Agency: The Learning Agency is a consultancy that works with a variety of organizations like foundations, universities, and nonprofits that support innovation in education. We manage programs (including competitions, events, fellowships), produce content (like media, research, reports), and build community and collaborations to achieve change.
The team is fully remote. The founder is based in Washington, DC. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.the-learning-agency.com.
About our team culture: We’re a small, dedicated team working on diverse projects. We look for individuals who are eager to apply their expertise to support different projects. Our work is fast-paced and we work remotely across different time zones. We’re do-ers and problem-solvers who rely on clear deadlines, strong follow-through, and proactive communication to keep our projects moving. Team members should be able to both work independently and engage collaboratively across projects and stakeholder groups.
About the Program Associate: The Program Associate will engage in diverse needs across the organization. This section describes a candidate that would be a fantastic fit for this role in each key area of responsibility:
You’re great with spreadsheets and juggling projects, excited to improve processes and have a keen eye to catch the little errors. You enjoy sending reminders to keep the team on track. In this role, you’ll:
- Track and report out progress of programs toward deadlines and goals.
- Manage trackers and develop organizational systems to support project management.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders such as contractors (graphic designer, web developer, etc.) and client partners.
You can write for different audiences, and are excited to research and learn. You know how to adapt the text for a newsletter, website, email or social media, and can craft a strong call to action. In this role, you’ll:
- Support the development and implementation of communications and marketing plans
- Draft public-facing collateral and promotional materials such as one-pagers, decks, and landing pages.
- Manage an editorial calendar, create engaging content for social media, newsletters, websites, and email campaigns to boost engagement.
- Research and draft memos such as policy briefs, backgrounders, or talking points.
You’re excited to support programs and events that build community by coordinating logistics and developing compelling content, and keeping all the balls in the air. You know that when one thing changes, we’ve got 10 other documents to update. In this role, you’ll:
- Support project leads to plan programs by designing detailed plans, brainstorming strategy, and drafting materials.
- Draft clear content to excite participants and community members, and ensure they have timely, detailed information to engage.
- Manage logistics for programs and events (virtual and in-person).
Some of our projects require specific expertise, and we are especially excited about candidates that have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Marketing and communications (social media, email, blog, website)
- Virtual and/or in-person event coordination
- Lead generation, recruitment, and community-building
- Grant writing or reporting
- Research and data analytics
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, knowledge, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of professional work experience in project coordination, content creation, administration, or similar fields
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Exemplary follow-through and flexibility, especially in the face of unexpected challenges
- Comfort communicating with and adapting content for diverse stakeholders
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with Microsoft and Google Drive platforms
- Interest in the education field and passion for educational equity
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Learning Agency offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time salaried employees, including health benefits, a 401(k) program, and generous leave policies.
You can apply for the Program Associate role here.